Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

getting older

Getting older is a bit frightening.  I'll be 30 this year and I still feel like I'm 21.  I'm a recently married woman and neither one of us have kids.  There's a lot of talk about when am I going to have kids from people that I interact with on a daily basis and sometimes I get annoyed why I don't know.  Don't get me wrong I love kids and I would love to become a mother one day but all I want to do is have fun. Fun as in travelling!  I want to travel. When you have children a lot of things change and I'm not ready for those changes.  Kids are a lot of work.  Turning thirty is frightening.  I am not getting any younger.  Decisions must be made about motherhood sooner than later.  I thank God everyday for seeing another day but at times I wish time could move in slow motion.  I really want to stay young forever; is that a crime? I mean I act my age I just don't feel like I'm turning 30 and might I add that I don't even look like it either.  OH BOY!  I am going through a mid- life crisis.. LOL!!!  On a serious note, I wonder if those same people that's asking when am I going to have kids will be around to help me take care of them.  In my twenties, I am able to put childbearing on hold but since thirty is around the corner it's a lot of pressure now.  Time is ticking for me.  Well I'm going to travel this year and maybe just maybe settle down next year.  I don't know only time will tell.

*put God first (peace, love, and soul)

No comments:

Post a Comment